Personal information is information collected by AZEMA about an identifiable individual, but does not include aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
Promise 1 – Accountability
We use reasonable measures to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information. Such measures include the encryption of data where appropriate; the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services; the ability to restore the availability and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
AZEMA has appointed a a project Manager who will act as Chief Privacy Officer and oversees AZEMAs’ privacy compliance. Other individuals within AZEMA may be delegated to act on behalf of the Chief Privacy Officer and take responsibility for the day-to-day compliance with collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
When do AZEMA Collect Information? We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or enter information on our site.
Promise 2 – Identifying Purposes
What type of personal information about me does AZEMA collect? Personal and account information for our customers may include, but is not limited to name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, date of birth, telephone numbers, location information, and any recorded complaints.
Why does AZEMA collect my personal information? Your relationship with AZEMA means that we collect and use account and personal information about you. This information helps AZEMA manage our business operations for the following reasons:
- To deliver you the products and services you have purchased from us, and to bill you and collect payment for those products and services.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- To provide tailored service to you. For example, we may use account information about you to improve your interactions with us or provide a positive and personalized customer experience.
- To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Promise 3 – Consent
AZEMA collects information about you primarily from you, but from time to time we may also collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect information about you from credit reporting agencies, those who you have authorized to disclose your information to us, government agencies, or publicly available information or other public sources.
Your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information may be implied or expressed. We may obtain your expressed consent to the collection, use, and disclose your information in one of the following ways:
- in writing;
- by electronic confirmation via the internet;
- verbally, where an audio recording of the consent is retained by us; or
- through other methods, as long as a record of your consent is created by you, by us, or by a third party acting on AZEMA’s behalf.
The choice to provide AZEMA with your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and account information is always yours, however, your decision to withhold such consent may limit our ability to provide you with certain products, services, or offers.
Promise 4 – Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
What can AZEMA do with my account and personal information?
AZEMA uses your personal and account information to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
We will disclose information about your credit behaviour to credit reporting agencies or other parties collecting outstanding debt.
Your personal and account information may also be used to directly provide you offers about our products or services; to confirm or authenticate your identity and ensure they have your correct and up-to-date information; to better understand your needs and to serve you better; to process any offers or loyalty credits; or to detect, prevent, manage, and investigate fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We do not sell customer information to third parties, and will only disclose your personal information to organizations with your consent in the following limited circumstances:
- To a service provider or third party that is performing administrative functions for us to manage or customer accounts or employee benefits and/or programs provided the information is used only for that purpose.
- To a law enforcement agency whenever we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have knowingly supplied us with false or misleading information or are otherwise involved in unlawful activities.
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority if, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority, for emergency public alerting purposes, if a public authority has determined that there is an imminent or unfolding danger that threatens the life, health or security of an individual and that the danger could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
We will disclose information about your credit behaviour to credit reporting agencies or parties collecting outstanding debt.
We will not make any other disclosure of your personal information unless we have your consent or we are required to do so by law.
We may also de-identify or anonymize information about our customers to identify trends, manage our business, develop statistical information, understand how we are performing, or develop relevant products services or offers. Use of de-identified information may also be shared with third parties for other analytical purposes. De-identified or anonymized information will not personally identify any individual and therefore is not subject to this policy.
How would my payment information be handled?
AZEMA will adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by the Electronic Payment Gateway which is the party that collects credit cards and payment information. AZEMA will not collect any payment information and shall not be held accountable to any mishandling of this information.
How long will AZEMA retain my personal information? AZEMA will only retain your account or personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected the information, or for sufficient time to allow you access to the information if it was used to make a decision about you or your account. Once we no longer require your account or personal information it will be destroyed or de-identified.
Promise 5 – Accuracy
What if I disagree with the accuracy of my personal information AZEMA has about me? AZEMA ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can ask to review that information and have the opportunity to challenge its accuracy and completeness and request amendments, as appropriate, by contacting our Chief Privacy Officer.